Saturday, February 19, 2011

How often do tattoos stretch or become disfigured as you get older?

Im 18 and i have one tattoo on my right shoulder and i want to get another tattoo but i dont where i should put it on my body without it stretching overtime because i am still growing. I was planning to get one on my inner biscep of my right arm but i figured it would stretch because i know im going to build more muscle their. I never heard of tattoos stretching over time but i still dont see how a tattoo wouldnt stretch if your body continues to grow. So all i want to know is that if its possible for tattoos to stretch when your body continues to grow. If so, i also want to know where is the best place on my body to get my tattoo with out it ever stretching?
I realize my tattoos will eventually become stretched out and wrinkled when im old. Thats common sense right their, but what i want to know is, is it common to have tattoos stretch out when your body continues to grow within 10 years?

7 comments:

  1. it happens to everyone. everyone one day ends up wrinkly and saggy...unless they die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your legs, arms. and back disfigure tattos the most. your sholders, ankles, and wrists mostly stay were they are when you turn twenty. unless you get larger. you really need to think about this tatto idea though. do you really want another PERMANENT tatto? you have one all ready why another? well you choice.

    good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you love the tattoo it will not matter if it stretches, it becomes a part of you. As you get older the tattoo will stretch and fade, it is unavoidable.

    I would avoid getting a tattoo on any part where it is easy to see. While tattoos are more popular and accepted then ever, some employers will not hire you if they can see it.

    As for locations, I recommend get one on your back, upper arm, ribs (it hurts like a bugger) or legs. If you have any doubts about it, do not get it. Remember it will be on your body for the rest of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Upper arms man... and even thats not guarenteed... your body is going to change... so yeah the skin will jsut go with the flow... most tattoos streach and look fine as you skin does... jsut dont put one on your stomach ... that is a horrible place for tattoos... i have seen some pretty intersting things happen to ladies when they get pregnant and have sute little flowers around their belly button hahaha... and same goes for guys that get beer bellies haha

    oh or your foot but that hurts let me tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THEY "FADE" MORE THAN ACTUALLY STRETCH...ANY PART OF THE BODY THAT IS PRONE TO GROWTH IS A BAD IDEA...STOMACH=GETTING FAT, LARGE MUSCLE GROUPS THAT CAN BE DEVELOPED THROUGH WEIGHT TRAINING, LOWER BACK FOR GROWING BOYS(LOL). IF YOUR TAT IS SOMETHING WITH MULTI COLORS OR A GREAT AMOUNT OF DETAIL I'D SUGGEST THE LOWER ARM, ANKLES OR BELOW THE CALF MUSCLE..YOU COULD ALWAYS DO A SIMPLE VERSION OF YOUR TAT AND ADD TO IT IN TWO YEARS AFTER THE FINAL GROWTH SPURT. IF YOU USE BLACK AS A BASE COLOR YOU MAY BE ABLE TO HAVE IT TOUCHED UP LATER IF IT "STRETCHES"...KEEP THE SKIN NOURISHED AND IT SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY MAJOR "STRETCHING" ISSUES WHERE EVER YOU PUT IT

    ReplyDelete
  6. My girlfriend has a circle of dolphins around her belly button, and after 2 pregnancies they look like whales now, so yes they do stretch if your skin stretches.

    Just wait awhile or try your forearm unless your planning on lifting weights

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just asked this same question pretty much.
    I want one on my arm, but i am worried that when my muscles begin to develop more, that the tat will stretch and look horrible.

    so i might wait a few more years than get mine done.

    but yea that's what i am worried about as well.

    maybe have a look at some of my answers that people left for me, and see if they help you at all.

    ReplyDelete